If you have a motorcycle or you are planning to get one, it is important to make an insurance review part of your regular maintenance program. If there have not been any significant changes in how the motorcycle is used or stored, then an annual review is sufficient. Your agent can help to make any adjustments needed for replacement value or other routine things to keep your insurance up-to-date.
However, if anything substantial changes, then you should immediately consult with your agent at Ruddy Insurance Group, serving Niles, OH and the surrounding area.
Here is a checklist of things that might change, which are important reasons to have a motorcycle insurance review:
- Change in Use: An example of this would be if you take a part-time job and use your motorcycle to make deliveries. This a commercial use that requires a different type of motorcycle insurance. Another example would be, if you get a new job and your commute distance, riding on your motorcycle to work, is further.
- Change in Riders: If you allow other people to ride your motorcycle, they may need to be put on your motorcycle insurance policy as an authorized operator.
- Storage and Parking: If you are going to park your motorcycle in a different place that might increase the security risk, let your agent know before making this change. For example, if you have been keeping your motorcycle in a locked garage and you need to park it out on the street instead, be sure to inform your agent.
- Custom Work: If you add any custom features to the motorcycle, this is a good reason to upgrade your insurance coverage to make sure it provides adequate protection for the increased value.
- Moving: Moving to a new location will require policy changes for your motorcycle insurance.
These are just a few of the common things to consider to make sure you always have adequate motorcycle insurance. Contact your agent at Ruddy Insurance Group in Niles, OH by calling 330-652-0202 or use the convenient online form to get a motorcycle insurance review and a quote.