Understanding Your Homeowners Policy
Your basic homeowners can seem a little complex plus other riders and additional insurance can make it overwhelming. Your agent should be experienced and able to help you understand key terminology and what you really need to know. Once you have a grasp of common terms, your homeowners will be a breeze to understand and speak with your agent about.
At Ruddy Insurance Group in Niles, OH, we take time to listen to our clients. Our agents want to get you the best coverage at the most affordable price for your home insurance. When you get coverage with us, you can be sure we will be on your side in the event of claims and emergencies.
Some Common Terms
It can get overwhelming learning all the fine print of your policy, but luckily there are some key terms that are easy to understand. Here are some important terms you are likely to hear and what they mean:
- Premium – One of the most common terms. This is what you pay an insurer to cover your home.
- Rider – These are typically separate from your main policy and cover particular property.
- Declarations page – This discusses your annual premium and gives an outline of your coverage.
- Exclusion – These are items, conditions, or property not covered by your policy. Be sure to discuss what is excluded from your agent.
- Actual-Cash-Value – As it states, this is the actual value of the items before they were destroyed.
Quality Homeowners Insurance in Niles, OH
Contact Ruddy Insurance Group in the Niles, OH area today to discuss your options for homeowner’s insurance as well as any other coverage you may be interested in. Our agents have years of experience helping customers like you get the best coverage at the most affordable prices. Give us a call today.