Except for New Hampshire and Virginia, having car insurance is mandatory. As a resident of Niles, OH, picking the right auto insurance for you might seem too complex because of the numerous options available. We at Ruddy Insurance Group have been helping car owners like you solve this problem for a while now. Here is a simplification of choosing the right auto insurance for you.
1. What Car Insurance Coverages Are Available for You?
There are five common auto insurance coverages that most drivers go for, and they are:
- Liability: It takes care of medical bills if you injure someone with your car and repays damage to someone’s property
- Collision: It takes care of damage to your vehicle after an accident
- Comprehensive: It takes care of damage to your car that occurs when you are not driving
- Medical/personal injury: It takes care of medical expenses for you and the passengers in your vehicle after an accident
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist: Covers repair costs for damages to your car if you are involved in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured car
2. Additional Car Insurance Coverage Options
- Roadside assistance: It’s necessary if you aren’t a member of an auto club like AAA that offers roadside assistance
- Rental car reimbursement: Takes care of rental costs as you wait for your car to be replaced or repaired by the insurance after an accident.
- Gap insurance: Fills the gap between your vehicle’s depreciated value and the amount of loan or lease you still owe
- New car replacement coverage: Takes care of replacing your car with a comparable one it’s totaled within the first 24 months of ownership.
3. Making the Decision
Before choosing what policy to go with, determine how much coverage you and your car need and what you can comfortably afford. Also, consider picking an excellent insurer with a good record. Contact us at Ruddy Insurance Group in Niles, OH, for all inquiries about auto insurance.